REGION 5 PLAY-DOWN RULES
- Teams should report at least an hour before
- U.S.A./WAHA Hockey rules will be used.
- Each association is responsible to reproduce and distribute these rules
to all coaches and team managers involved.
- All Squirt & Girls 10U games will consist of 3 (three) periods of
12 (twelve) minute stop time with an 8 (eight) minute overtime periods until
a winner is determined, if necessary.
- All Pee Wee, Bantam, Midget, High School and Girls 12U and 14U will
play 3 (three) periods of 15 (fifteen) minute stop time with 8 (eight)
minute overtime periods until a winner is determined, if necessary.
- There will be no goal judges.
- Running time will be in effect whenever a team has a 6 (six) or more goal
- Ice will be resurfaced between games only for all Girls,
Squirts, Pee Wees, and Bantams.
- Ice will be resurfaced at the beginning of and between the second and
third periods of all Midget games.
- Penalties for Squirts and Girls 10U are as stated per
USA Hockey/WAHA rules: 1:30 minute minors and 3:00 (three) minute major and
6:00 (six) minute misconduct.
- Penalties for Pee Wees, Bantams, Midgets, and Girls 12U and 14U are as stated per U.S.A./WAHA rules: 2:00 (two) minute minor, 5:00
(five) minute majors and 10:00 (ten) minute misconduct.
- You must have with you your approved official USA Hockey player roster form.
If anyone doesn't have age verification on the roster then proof of age
- All coaches must be certified and level correct. Please check coaching
requirement grid found in the WAHA book for correct levels for all coaches.
- No admission charges.
- No trophies or individual awards.
- Host associations will use kowledgeable adults for minor officials.